Monday, May 11, 2009

Erik's 11th Birthday


Sorry it is not the best picture but I can't find the MRI. I told Erik to put it away and who knows
where it might be. When I find it I'll post it and you will really be able to see the fracture.







Wow I can't believe I have an 11 year old. Erik has had a tough month. He has been telling me for about a year now that his knee hurt but I just thought it was growing pains. He never had any swelling and it only seemed to hurt when he played hard. One day he came home from riding his razor with tears in his eyes and told me he wanted to see the doctor about his knee. Boy did I feel bad. I made an appt and they sent us for x-rays and the next thing you know we are sitting in the orthopedic surgeons office getting ready to have an MRI. Well needless to say Erik has a fracture in his left knee and has to keep all weight off of it for 6 weeks. Try keeping a 10 yr old from running even with a leg brace and crutches!!!!!He has not been able to participate in any of the year end fun stuff at school and he had to cancel baseball. Boy is he bummed. He has been really good about staying off his leg until Sat. at his birthday party when I caught him JUMPING on the trampoline with his friends. I thought I would kill him and save him the trouble of surgery. Sound good to anyone else. Anyway he such a good kid. He is always willing to help with Bekah and Luke and around the house (until lately for obvious reasons). He loves to read and put together Lego's and play games. He is getting really good at Clue. Erik is starting Jr High next year and is really excited about it. He will be starting 11yr old scouts this week and has his first overnight camp out in June. He is such a spiritual giant. I will come around the corner and low and behold he is reading his scriptures. What an example he is to me. He knows so much about the Book of Mormon and sometimes I just sit in awe at his knowledge. I am so proud of him and can't wait to see what he does next. We LOVE you Erik!!!!!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy birthday Erik! He is a great kid, always so helpful. I love watching him care for his younger siblings. And he is always so kind to Isabel. A great boy you have there!

Alena said...

Oh, Ryan did tell me about that. I am so sorry that he has had that trial. You will have to keep us posted on that. Happy Birthday anyway Erik. Hope it was good and know we are thinking of you and praying your knee heals. Hang in there. And way to go with being such a good young man. Speaking of Young adult, Alexis is in Young womens, that is when it really hits! Dont grow up! Hope you had a happy mother's day. Loves, Alena

Channynba said...

He is 11 already...where did the time go?!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIK

Jessica Bright said...

Oh I so love that kid!!! He is always so sweet and helpful and just plain loveable!!! Happy Birthday, Erik!! Miss you tons.

Beckey said...

Happy Birthday! Get that leg feeling better!